Fast Facts on Hydrocele
1. Hydrocele is commonly found in newborns, which disappears within the first 1 to 2 years of life without any treatment.
2. Hydrocele may also develop in boys and adult men due to any injury within the scrotum.
3. It is not fatal. It is usually painless and may not cause any discomfort.
4. Hydrocele requires surgery as it may get severe with time.
What are the Different Types of Hydrocele?
There are two types of hydrocele, i.e., communicating and non-communicating hydrocele. They are explained below:
1. Non-communicating hydrocele
This occurs when the fluid-filled sac closes, but the body fails to absorb the fluid. This type of hydrocele rarely causes any kind of problem as there is no direct connection between the sac and the abdominal cavity. It may take around a year to resolve.
2. Communicating hydrocele
It happens when the sac filled with fluid does not seal. The fluid tends to flow in and out. The swelling may increase with time in case of communicating hydrocele as the connection between the sac and the abdominal cavity stays open. It is more serious than non-communicating hydrocele and may even turn into inguinal hernia. This type of hydrocele doesn’t resolve without treatment. Therefore, it is important that you seek proper treatment for the disease at the right time.
What are the natural treatment methods for hydrocele?
The natural method to resolve hydrocele may involve ayurvedic or homeopathic treatment. However, the success rate of these methods may vary from patient to patient. But many people claim that these methods work. Hence, they are worth a try.
Ayurveda treatment for Hydrocele
The treatment pacifies both VATA and KAPHA in the case of hydrocele. The Ayurvedic medicines for hydrocele treatment are:
- Chandraprabha Vati: It helps in reducing the swelling and inflammation in the reproductive organ.
- Vridhivadhika Vati: This is a medicine of choice for hydrocele. This ayurvedic medicine helps to reduce swelling in the abdomen and naturally reduces the hernia.
- Arogyavardhini Vati: This helps in treating abdominal problems such as abdominal pain, intestinal gas, heaviness in the abdomen.
There are no drugs or medication available to treat hydrocele although you may get relief from pain killers. But, consult your doctor before you take any medicine for hydrocele.
Consult a homeopathic doctor to know the medicines. Some of them are:
- Arnica and Conium – These homeopathy medicines treat hydrocele caused by injury.
- Berberis Vulgaris, Nux Vomica and Clematis – This treats the pain in genitals that is caused during hydrocele which also extends to the abdomen when left untreated.
- Clematis and Rhododendron – There may be a burning sensation and soreness in the testes. To get relief from rushing pain, these medicines may be subscribed. This is for the right and left side respectively.
- Abrotanum, Pulsatilla and Rhododendron – This is for Congenital hydrocele and is safe for children.
Note: This is for information purposes only. Do not self-medicate
Seek Advanced Treatment for Hydrocele at Pristyn Care
Leaving a condition like hydrocele is never a good thing as it can lead to infection or blood clots. Though hydrocele won’t become life-threatening, it will cause a lot of discomfort and pain if left untreated for a long time. You can get in touch with Pristyn Care and consult with our surgeons to seek advanced treatment for hydrocele in a minimally invasive manner. We leverage the advanced laser technology to cure hydrocele in a safe and effective manner. The surgery is done on an outpatient basis and the patient goes back home on the same day. The recovery period is also less and the patient can resume daily activities from the next day.
You can learn everything about the disease, its treatment methods, risks, complications, post-surgery care, etc. from Pristyn Care’s medical experts. Book an appointment with us and consult with them to explore your treatment options.